Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pub #5 What Will Your Verse Be?

What is a poetry? It may use condensed or compressed form to convey emotion or ideas to the reader's or listener's mind or ear; it may also use devices such as assonance and repetition to achieve musical or incantatory effects. Poems Frequently rely for their effect on imagery, word association, and the musical qualities of the language used. The interactive layering of all these effects to generate meaning is what marks poetry. Writing and reading love poetry is a way to get in touch with your inner feelings about the emotions of loving and being loved. Love poetry spans emotions from hate and despair to admiration and adulation. The poems offered here reflect that diversity. Love poetry is not only for "lovers" but speaks to anyone who has experienced the desire to be loved... that is it speaks to everyone.
In the poem "Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone" by W. H. Auden shows love would not last forever as a theme. Throughout this piece, sadness tone was used. "He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and my Sunday rest, My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong" (Auden 9-12). This quote represents that love does not last forever. Writer  shows expressions how he lost his loved one. Loved one was everywhere he was, but now loved one can no longer be found. This can clearly see that the tone of this poem is very sad and gloomy. Without the loved one, "The Stars are not wanted now: put out every one; Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;" (Auden13-15). This quote shows that without the loved one life become useless. Nothing looks beautiful.
The poem "Let me not to the marriage of true minds" by William Shakespeare, shows the theme of  love is not love. Shakespeare introduces a poem with a quote "Let me not to the marriage of true minds" (Shakespeare 1). This quote shows he is not to the marriage of true minds which means he doesn't think that a marriage is true love or minds. Hopelessness can be the tone of this poem. Shakespeare states "But bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved" (Shakespeare 12-14). Clearly explains that no man is ever loved. He is probably stating about his love on how hopelessness is his love is.
Two of poetries relates because of the theme and tone of these pieces.The similarities of each poems is that both writer emphasizes on how losing loved one and no man is ever loved. Both of the writer shows extreme emotion. Human being is who wants to be loved and who knows to give love. Without loved one, life is hopelessness and gloomy and sadden. Both of the poem shows theme and tone of love and sadness.
Air Supply's song title "Lost in Love", this song relates to two of previous poems. Both song and poems shows them of lost in love. In the song, Air Supply sings "I believe there's still much to believe in So lift your eyes if you feel you can reach for star and I'll show you a plan I figured it out What I needed was someone to show me You know you can't fool me I've been loving you too long It started to easy you want to carry on" (Air Supply). This lyrics shows how singer is in deep pain. The tone can be seen as very gloomy. In the end of the song, lyrics repeat singing "Now I'm lost, lost in love, lost in love, lost in love......" (Air Supply). Being lost in love can be very painful to one's heart. Both writer of the poem and Air Supply shows that they are lost in loved ones.
In this society, everyone wants to stay together with their loved ones. The poets and song shows how painful it is if you lose someone they love. All three examples of Love Album can relate to today's society. Nobody is happy to lose their loved ones. Even I want to be with the people that I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment